What do they look like?
- These scars are often paler than the surrounding skin and appear to have a ‘dent’ or ‘hole’ in the skin.
- They can be caused by post-surgical scars, trauma or skin conditions such as acne.
- They can be caused by removal of skin and skin grafting procedures.
- They can occur anywhere on the body.
How can this scar be improved?
- Scars like these can respond very well to surgical scar revision to fill the ‘dent’ with some rearranged skin or fat.
- Occasionally laser can help the new scar to settle more quickly.
- Scars like these can also benefit from scar therapy in addition to surgery and/or laser.