What do they look like?
- After surgery scars often settle well, but some surgical scars stay red, lumpy and/or itchy for a long time.
- They can affect all areas of the body but certain anatomical areas are more prone to this; scars on the chest/breasts, over joints and the neck/jaw area are commonly affected.
How can this scar be improved?
- Scars like these often improve significantly with laser treatment.
- The use of scar therapy improves these scars as well and makes it less likely that the scar will get thick and red again.
- In some cases, scar revision surgery can be of benefit to reduce the size or shape of the scar too.