What do they look like?
- These scars are often thick, red and itchy and stand out against the normal skin.
- The trauma or burn which caused the scar may mean they took a longer time to heal – this can result in more scar tissue being made whilst it is healing and leaves a thicker, problematic scar.
- These scars can affect any area of the body which has suffered a burn or trauma.
How can this scar be improved?
- Scars like these often improve significantly with laser treatment, and in some cases can be treated with surgical scar revision as well.
- Scars like these also significantly benefit from scar therapy in addition to laser and/or surgery to reduce the risk of becoming thicker and red again.